Thursday, January 2, 2014

I Made Christmas Slow Down


It's a new year in the blogosphere! If you'd like to reflect back on what the Christmas season can be like from an Asperger's perspective, please see my post Please Make Christmas STOP!

I'm happy to report that I had the most relaxing December I can remember.

I went to one Christmas play, three parties, and five morning worship services.

I sang one Christmas song for special music in church (as opposed to my past involvement in large productions).

I prepared exactly three gifts, assisted with one other gift, and volunteered to wrap three other gifts.

I did not overeat, not even at Thanksgiving.

I chose not to decorate with a tree this year, even though I enjoy it, since my husband and I were tired of arranging our household goods after our move at the end of October.

I wore loose-fitting shoes . . . and I had a beautiful Christmas experience!

Playing down Christmas is my Aspie-style way of defeating the Grinch that lurks inside me. You might want to try this strategy next year.

" . . . BEHOLD, THERE CAME WISE MEN FROM THE EAST TO JERUSALEM, SAYING, WHERE IS HE THAT IS BORN KING OF THE JEWS? FOR WE HAVE SEEN HIS STAR IN THE EAST, AND ARE COME TO WORSHIP HIM."