Tuesday, May 24, 2022

9 Thoughts That Plague the Desolate Soul

Ever since the day I turned 13, I have been prone to depression - not the blues, not the grumps, but full-blown, full-scale depression. Here are some thoughts that oppress me during those times when my soul feels desolate:

  1. I'm inadequate to do what I'm expected to do.
  2. There's no purpose or enjoyment in any of this.
  3. I can't handle any of these changes in my life.
  4. I think it's too hard to make and keep friends, so I'm not going to try.
  5. Nobody could possibly understand my feelings, and I don't know how to put them in words anyway.
  6. My brain isn't processing well. I can't concentrate. I can't learn.
  7. I'm wasting my life. I'm not learning and doing as much as everyone else is.
  8. People are telling me I'm not smiling or talking. They're asking me what's wrong. That's strange.
  9. I don't want to make any decisions - especially not life-changing decisions.
"AND AMONG THESE NATIONS SHALT THOU FIND NO EASE, NEITHER SHALL THE SOLE OF THY FOOT HAVE REST: BUT THE LORD SHALL GIVE THEE THERE A TREMBLING HEART, AND FAILING OF EYES, AND SORROW OF MIND."